The City of Brantford has collective agreements with many unions outlining a variety of terms and conditions of employment. Further detail referring to union positions, compensation, benefits, etc. can be obtained by reviewing the City's collective agreements.
List of the City's bargaining units
- ATU (Amalgamated Transit Union Local 685) - e.g. Bus Drivers, Mechanics
- APAE (Association of Professional and Administrative Employees) (exempt) - e.g. Engineers, Managers, Executive Assistants
- BPFFA (Brantford Professional Fire Fighters Association) e.g. Fire Suppression and Prevention
- IATSE (International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees) e.g. Stage Hands
- IBEW-Water (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) e.g. Water Treatment Plant Operators, Water Distribution & Collection Operators, Wastewater Treatment Operators
CUPE (Canadian Union of Public Employees-Local 181)
- CUPE (City Hall Unit) e.g. Administrative/Clerical, Inspectors, Financial Analysts
- CUPE (Ontario Works Brant and Housing) e.g. Case Managers-Income Support & Employment, Property Managers
- CUPE (Outside) e.g. Rink Operators, Gardeners, Equipment Operators, Snow Plow Drivers, Sweeper Operators
- CUPE (Custodian, Caretaker and Cleaner Unit) e.g Janitors at Community Centres and Arenas
The documents below require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Click to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.